by StarTrix Investigator
Investigator

Unlock Galaxy S3

I need to say that I'm an absolute dingbat when it comes to phones so apologies if my questions are silly and/or obvious to you!

I want to re-use and pass on my old S3 but it's locked. It was originally bought from the Orange website at least five years ago, I think it was PAYG.

I have obtained a new EE SIM and filled in the online form to request an unlock but I need to pay for that...? However, there is no credit on it. Obviously I can't text or call, nor set up an online account so how would I go about topping up?

Or do I have to wait the 10 days which will explain the unlocking process? (I am receiving texts to my own phone).

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlock Galaxy S3

Unlocking an EE-bought PAYG phone is free. The form would have told you that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@StarTrix  If you can remember the.the number that was used in the device fill out the online form and use that number and you’ll not be charged to unlock the device. 

If you can not remember it you’ll need to call customer services to request the unlock and you’ll be charged £8.99 and that’s payable via credit/debit card. 

by StarTrix Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris.

I don't remember the number that originally came with the phone as  I transferred my number so disregarded it.

All I have is the new number that came with the new SIM which is what I entered on the form - have I made an error here?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, the form wants the original no. the phone came with. That's how the phone was registered with EE in the 1st place. The new EE SIM you got is not connected at all with the phone except in your hands but not in EE's mind :smileywink:.

If you can't remember the original no. you'll need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by StarTrix Investigator
Investigator

I knew I was useless.

I'll try and sort out this is mess I've made.

Thank you.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.