by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

Unable to request online unlocking

Hi,
When I use the online form to request an unlock I get the following message after entering my phone number and IMEI code:

Sorry - we can't unlock this phone as we don't recognise it as being locked to Orange/EE/TMobile.
18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to request online unlocking

Hi,

The message is self-explanatory, are you sure your phone is locked to this network?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NATALIAMYSZKA: Have you tried another network's SIM in it to check if it is really locked?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NATALIAMYSZKA  Did you get this device yourself from EE ?  or is it 2nd hand ?      

If its 2nd hand it could be a virgin mobile device so you need to ask them to unlock it.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NATALIAMYSZKA,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That message means the phone isn't locked to EE.

Could it be locked to a different network?

Thanks

James

by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

yes O2 not working

by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

I bought it

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

ebay

by
EE Employee

Hi @NATALIAMYSZKA and welcome to the community.

I recommend contacting the seller and asking which network the device is connected to.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NATALIAMYSZKA   

1. you can not use the online unlocking form as the device is 2nd hand.  And it says this on the online request form.  Don’t ignore it as this applies to you and it’s there for a reason.  

But 

2 what network did the seller say it was locked too ?    

by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

He told me it is EE

by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

It was new and sealed

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NATALIAMYSZKA  EE don’t sell phones on eBay so it’s 2nd hand.   Doesn’t matter if it’s never been opened or not. 

And what device is it. ? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @NATALIAMYSZKA

What type of phone is it?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot use the online form for unlocking 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by NATALIAMYSZKA
Explorer

iPhone X

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NATALIAMYSZKA   If and only if the device is from EE, EE will not unlock the device for 6 months starting from the purchase date by the original owner.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NATALIAMYSZKA wrote:

iPhone X

Guaranteed to be reported lost or stolen in 3-6 months.

I would recommend you ask for your money back and buy this handset from Apple. 

As others have said the seller is in breach of their contract by selling this phone and in all likelihood you will be the one paying the price when it's deactivated. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.