by JD929 Investigator
Investigator

Unable to Unlock HTC Desire, Account Not Fully Registered

Hi EE Community,

I have been attempting to unlock my HTC Desire since June, 2017 and have just been informed that my unlock request was denied because my account is not fully registered. I have logged into myEE without fail for over a year and was a PAYG customer with a debit card linked. 

I have moved out of the UK and recieved no indication that my ulock request was denied until my third round of facebook messages with EE that lasted about 15 days of EE repeatedly telling me they would respond within 48 hours. Now, they are informing me that my only option is to call EE customer service. I am living abroad without access to international calling. But I do have something called the world wide web and am in disbelief that there is no other way to take care of this. I sent the 8.99GBP fee incurring international charges to do so to be able to take care of this request. 

Can anyone assist?

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unable to Unlock HTC Desire, Account Not Fully Registered

Hi @JD929,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'd love to be able to help you register your account details but I'm afraid we can't access your account via the community.

Your account details can only be updated by our customer service team.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

If it is 2nd-hand, you can't just register a PAYG SIM you just bought for it in order to unlock it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by JD929 Investigator
Investigator

I bought the device myself, in person at a EE retail location
by JD929 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your response. I purchased the phone myself, in person at a EE store. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @JD929

Please do give our customer service team a call.

They will be able to get your account registered and the unlock requested.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.