by Atilya Investigator
Investigator

UNLOCK Iphone

Dear EE,

I am writing to you from Turkey.I have studied in London between 2009 and 2012 years.

I bought from my friend İphone 4 second hand .My friend used with Orange sim card.we called Orange  customer care and paid £20,45 for unlock sim.When I back to Turkey ı tried to use another Turkish sim card but give error that SIM LOCKED.I have checked on your website  it seems still locked .I need your help for my situation.I want to gift  this Iphone 4 to my father.

Iphone 4 Emei number:***

Could you please help me ?

Many thanks

Best Regards

Atilya 

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as EMEI numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: UNLOCK Iphone

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Atilya   I see that you paid fior this unlock some time ago now with the price your saying of £20.45.  

Connect the device to a pc with iTunes on it and run iTunes.  You should then get a carrier update this is the unlock on that device.  You can do this with your current SIM card in the device.  

You don’t need to call anyone 

by Atilya Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_Bı tried your suggestion.When I connect to device to PC with İtunes and Run İtunes i did not see any carrier update .I could do it.I think I have to call to EE call center.From Turkey to Call center not easy and so expensive.

Thank you so much for your help

by Atilya Investigator
Investigator

Hi @XRaySpeX,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

From Turkey to EE call center not easy and expensive.also I do not have UK bank card right now.I think first off all I have to find friend in UK.Then I can request to them for call to Call Center and pay for me .

Many thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.