by tafka_prince
Explorer

Trying to get my dad's old phone unlocked

Hi,

I have given my 79 year old dad my old iphone 5s, which he is now using on his EE account, and I am now trying to get his old iphone 4 unlocked.

He has completed the unlocking form on your website 3 times and each time he gets a message back saying, ' We are unable to complete the unlocking request. Please ask the account holder to submit an unlocking request'. 

As previously stated, he has done this 3 times now, so where do we go from here please? 

This is a simple request which is now getting very frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Trying to get my dad's old phone unlocked

Hello @tafka_prince,

Welcome to the community,

Is he the original owner of the phone? Have you taken a look here: 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/59...

by tafka_prince
Explorer

Yes, he is the original owner of the phone and yes I have looked on that web page. Despite providing all the required information, still no luck.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@tafka_prince, Sorry, but I think you will have to ring customer service to get this sorted.

You can use Skye or Viber and there is a free number if you look at the contact us or click on shop and will find it there, but he will have to be there to speak to them or at least be there when you speak to them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@tafka_prince  Did he get the device from EE not a 3rd party like the car phone warehouse? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tafka_prince

Welcome to the community.

I recommend following @Schockwave's advice asking your dad to contact our customer service team.

They will be able to check the account, find out why it wasn't going through and help further.

Please let us know how he gets on.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions