by Mivmilne
Explorer

Trying to change to 3, have pac code and was told it would be done by today

Having difficulty with sim for new provider. Have pac code and was advised it would be done by today

5 REPLIES 5
by Mivmilne
Explorer

Re: Trying to change to 3, have pac code and was told it would be done by today

Hi there, yes I did this and according to 3 the phone should have been good to go but it seems it’s locked to EE which we weren’t aware of. Basically just trying to get it unlocked free of charge as out of contract since Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Take it up with 3. It's been a Bank Holiday.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mivmilne  If your moving away from EE to 3 then you need to speak with 3 as they are the ones who are responsible for requesting your number to be changed to 3. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mivmilne  Have you requested it to be unlocked?  You can use THIS to request it tone unlocked. It takes up to 10 days to process.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mivmilne,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Chris_B, please follow the link he posted above to request the unlocking of your phone.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.