by ser Investigator
Investigator

Something went wrong with the pac code?

Hi,

I'm moving from lycamobile to EE. I've provided to EE the pac code using the website, and I've got the next message yesterday night:

Thanks for providing your PAC code online. Unfortunately there?s been a problem and we can?t progress ? please contact us so we can look into it. Thanks

I have a pay as you go sim card (The 1 pound one), and I did tried to call to 150, but after 4 minutes with questions, I've got finally the option to have technical support and your company asked me to top up. I'm not going to top up and spend money to solve your problem...

Anything else you can do? If not, I will move to another company.

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Something went wrong with the pac code?

@ser  It's 25p flat rate to call EE with payg.   To get this rectified you need to speak to customer services as obviously there is an issue and they need to speak with you.   Once you have spoken to customer services you can also ask for the call charge to be put back on your account as you should not be having to call customer services to rectify this issue. 

by ser Investigator
Investigator

Paying for the problems they are generating? No thanks.

If they don't resolve the problem here, I'm going to move to another company.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ser  They might be having an issue because you might of gave a incorrect PAC code number or Lyca mobile as usual are not playing ball about having one of their numbers moved to another network.   

by ser Investigator
Investigator

If lyca is the one causing problems, How a normal user can solve that? EE should know how to solve these problems. They already have all the necessary information.

The PAC code is correct, I've checked several times before sending the request.

Before I was going to make the request, I was logged in my personal area and the confirmation about the initial number on my sim was incorrect. I've logged out, and I've filled again the fields, and the confirmation was correct.

And this is not the only weird thing with the EE website. I think It's their own problem, not lyca after seeing all these things... 

EE is remembering badly vodafone. And I'm not going to pay to solve EE problems. That's a really BAD starting in a company, a VERY VERY bad customer service. 

If they don't know how to solve their own problems with something that should be really easy, and they force future clients to pay for their own errors, I think I will be better in another company.

Cheers

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your problem can't be solved here. This is just a user discussion forum where like-minded users give each other advice, but cannot fix issues in EE's systems.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ser  As I've said ask for the call change to be refunded.  But as you have been asked to call it will not get fixed until you do.   What you decide to do is up to you.  

by ser Investigator
Investigator

I though I could find here admins like in vodafone, but I see...

I'm giving them the last opportunity writing to their complaining form.

Thanks for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ser  LOL.  Your the one who needs to call to find out the the issue is, your the one who can not do this for some unknown reason and your complaining.     You don't know what your complaining about yet as you need to call customer services as you have been requested to do so.      

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you're gonna complain you'll need to give EE the opportunity to put things right first but by not phoning them you're not. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.