by Avocadodreaming
Explorer

Samsung S6 Unlock After SIM Port to new network

Hi all, 

I have a query in a few parts. 

Recently my contract came to an end and I ported my number to a new sim with 10 days left on my allowances. I popped my new sim in and discovered my phone is still locked to EE. 

I then requested an unlock code (about six days ago) and was promised that I would receive it within three days, and that any delays would be communicated via email or text. EE appeared to have my phone registered with them and haven't said they need to contact the manufacturer. 

As I had already ported my number but was unable to use my phone, I hoped for an email with my unlock code. After five days I bought a cheap £10 sim free phone to make calls and hopefully catch up on any missed SMS messages. So far, I haven't received any SMS updates since starting with the new cheap phone either. 

Lastly, when I requested my code, EE asked if I had an outstanding balance on my account. My contract has been paid in full over 2 years, and currently I am awaiting my last bill which does have charges on it. As I haven't yet received this bill, and EE won't generate it until 29 Sept, I wouldn't consider that an outstanding balance that may prevent my code from being sent out. I also haven't received any indication to that effect. 

As it stands, I can't use my remaining EE allowance nor my new allowance, leaving me about £15 down plus a £10 mobile. It has been well over 3 days with no communication as to why there is such a delay. I can't use data or apps apart from on mainly public wifi networks away from home (not ideal). Can someone here or  EE please let me know why there is a hold-up and how it can be resolved more quickly? 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Samsung S6 Unlock After SIM Port to new network

@Avocadodreaming: How did you request the unlock?

If a bill hasn't yet been posted it cannot yet be outstanding.

This user discussion group cannot have access to your specific a/c. You will need to call EE to chase progress.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Avocadodreaming    Ported to a new sim is that with another network or EE ?   If it’s another network then you don’t have any remaining allowance as you don’t have an account with EE.    It takes up to 10 days to unlock a device but EE try and do this within 72 hours and no promises are made to do this within 72 hours.    You don’t have any outstanding balance if you pay on time each month. 

by Avocadodreaming
Explorer

@Chris_B ported my number while I had 10 days of allowance left on my ee plan. Stupidly done, I now realise, but a month's allowance is £35.99 and obviously I would have liked to keep my remaining gigs of data until this unlock joke plays out. 

EE specifically promises to notify the user if it will take any longer than 72 hours. 

Great, I don't have an outstanding balance so there is no excuse for the delay. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Avocadodreaming  You’ll be refunded any over payments on your bill.   And it can take up to 10 days but EE try to achieve this in 72 hours.   It’s just a case of waiting unfortunately. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Avocadodreaming,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Although most unlocks are completed within 72 hours, in can take up to 10 days.

This is usually only the case if have to contact the manufacturer for an unlocking code.

Have you checked your spam/junk email folder in case any emails we have sent have been filtered from your main inbox?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.