Brilliant Contributor

Re: Requested phone unlock but no response

Few questions.

How did you request the unlock?

How long ago did you request it?

What phone is it for?

When did you purchase this phone?

Where did you purchase the phone.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

I requested it by the online form on EE website about 9 days ago , it was for my  I phone 6 (old phone)which I upgraded to an I phone 7, this was 2 weeks ago so want to sell my I phone 6 on and need the unlocking code 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@wibble20  Did you get an email acknowledging your request ?  If not your request didn't go through and you need to do it again,    If you did get this email did you make sure you entered the IMEI number of the iPhone 6 you had to of done this manually,  

by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

I did get a reply which was just a standard one saying thankyou for request and how long it would take, I did put in the number in manually because they originally had my new phone showing on the account so needed to make sure they they recognised it as the I phone 6 that needed unlocking 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

That is exactly what I did and still waiting 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@wibble20  Give it the full ten days if it goes over this then it can be escalated and one of the content team on here will be able to help get this resolved.    Please come back after the 10 days and request help if it's not been processed, 

by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

It was the end of my 24 month contract so upgraded to new phone and done exactly what you have stated in the reply to get it unlocked 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@wibble20 

Give it the full ten days if it goes over this then it can be escalated and one of the content team on here will be able to help get this resolved. Please come back after the 10 days and request help if it's not been processed,

by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

Thankyou for your help , I will post on here if I don't get any joy 

by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

Thankyou for your help , I will post on here if I don't get any joy

by
EE Employee

Morning @wibble20

Definitely let us know if you haven't heard anything.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Karen , I still haven't heard anything and it has now been 9 days since I put the request in via the online form. Do i need to give any further details or call anyone to get this sorted 

Thanks

by wibble20 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Karen , just to let you know i have just had a text message through with the instructions of how to unlock my phone 

Thanks

Lindsey 

by
EE Employee

That's great news @wibble20

Thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy

If you need anything else - you know where we are!

Have a lovely day.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.