Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: unblock SIM Puk code

I cannot access my account to enable me to manage my devices, as when 

I log in I’m being advised my account is closed. I do have monies in this account, so why has it been closed. Also I do want my PUK number to unblock my mobile and to be able to use this mobile.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: puk code

No help whatsoever as I previously mentioned my account appears to have been closed, therefore cannot access Manage my Devices.

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Re: puk code

No I cannot access my account as being advised it’s closed. Thanks for other info re other means of contacting EE.

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I haven’t been able to get my PUK code. Help!!

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lindamay : Do you want to:

1. Unlock your phone to use on other networks? OR
  2. Unblock your SIM after trying too many incorrect PINs?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Unlock my SIM after entering too many wrong PINS.

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I’m on PAYG

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lindamay  if you need a PUK code and you don’t have access to your account you’re going to have to call customer services to request this.    You can also ask customer services to reset your online account so you can re-gain access to it

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

I did use it about 5mths ago. Does this 6mth rule apply to Orange PAYG taken over by EE. If that is the case with this type of PAYG the least EE should have done was to notify me of my impending closure of account. They owe me too, as still have credit on this phone. Not what I would call informative or good customer service.

L

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lindamay  EE closed down Orange online accounts 2+ years ago and notified all effected customers.  

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, hibernarion applies to all EE PAYG SIMs - see What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? You would have been sent a text warning of this. 

If you're still within the 273 days you could still phone EE to get it back. Beyond that you lose the no & its credit as per T&Cs.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.