by fernandomlg Investigator
Investigator

Re: blacklist

Hello

I have a blacklisten losten or stolen ee iphone 6s.

They block my iphone a year ago when the phone does work perfectly.

I dont know why they block me as stolen or losten because its not.

Im the owner i bought this unit 2 years ago , i know that didnt pay the bills.

But its ilegal to block me as stolen when it is not stolen. they asked me to pay 850 pounds fine if i want used the phone. i have been nearly 2 years since now.

How could be possible mark me as stolen when it is not and asked me for 850 pounds fine when i own the money i have got the mobile phone and cant used it.

i ask to recover my last contratc and no solution just pay in full 850.

Any solution i dont think this will be lega.

65 REPLIES 65
Investigator

i have an iphone 6s block and blacklisted as stolen or lost but its not true.

Im the owner i order this phone 2 years ago.

went to ee shop and no solution the block me a year ago with no reason.

now they asked me to pay 850 pound if i do want to used the phone but still blocked.

anysolution for that i mean they can not blocked me for a fake reason and i dont have to pay it because Malta Law. but still block and asked me for 850 pounds.

went to ee shop for look a solution i mean im not going to pay 850 per fine and another 850 for another 24 month contract = 1750 pound sorry im proffesional worker no rich.

was trying to recover my last 24 contract and pay but they only interested in get 850 fine and another 850.

Any solution about that. the phone is here with me its not stolen or lost. yes i do have a few bills to pay i know but nearly 2k is mad

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fernandomlg  You’ve been fined also for none payments. This increases the longer you don’t pay.  If this was blacklisted a year ago for none payment then you owe for the last year of none payment and the fines that have been placed on your account for none payment.   

by
EE Employee

Hi @fernandomlg and welcome to the community.

I understand your frustration with this issue, the blacklist has been placed on your account for non-payment of the bills.

Any outstanding charges would need to be cleared before the device is considered for the removal of the blacklisting and unlocking.

If you are not happy with how your situation has been handled please see our ways to complain.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fernandomlg wrote:
Im the owner i bought this unit 2 years ago

Where & who did you buy this from? Was it brand-new at that time?

Who is asking you for £850 to un-blacklist it?

Any device bought from EE would come under UK Law.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hello i just finished to talk with my lawyer and im starting legal action agains ee for fraud me and few customer more.

I got my iphone 6s 2 years ago. 3 month of contract father died. has to come back spain lost my job and they cancel my contract but i could used the phone with a pay as go ee card. 

After a year they block me for a thing it is not real. stolen or lost. my phone is here with me you have no right to lock me because i still owed you 850 pound and you put me in a bad score for 6 years.

What you are telling up there look for the owner you have to contac them this is fake. 

I mean you a rich company with lots of insurance and we do lost the device we do get a 6 years bad score wich i can buy nothing and you not going to give a solution becuse you prefere to make with us 850 pound .

European law say if you put me in a bad score dont lock the phone a this is the evidence that this is fraud.

For other way Malta law say after 2 year i do not have to pay if i cant not. 

Im looking a decent way to look for a solution but you only intereted in make some cash with me and this is the evidence what you are doing  is ilegal. im the owner phone is here with me. not lost or stolen. for unpaid bill you cant block me because im in debit with you.

Will see in court

Investigator

EE asked me to pay 850 fine.

I bought in a ee shop in cambridge as new . could pay it because father died had to come back spain. cancel the contract but i used the phone with a pay as go ee card for a year okay.

After year the blocked and marked me as stolen when it is not.

You have not right to do that and you breaking the law

Investigator

Went to ee shop and they asked me 850 pound fine and 24 month contrac if i want to used my phone and still in debit.

So 2k good buisness for ee isnt 

Investigator

All what you are saying to ee customer up there is fake this post is fake. you are not respect ee customer rights.

if you put a person for 6 years in bad score and in debit for nearly 1k you can not blocked the phone my friend.

Stolen or lost please contact with the last owner.

Im the last owner and my phone is here with me

Investigator

I have been reading all the contract that i have signed and i didnt not read nothing about it.

So can we have a legar solution?

Investigator

Sorry again uk and eu law about that is same.

And if i bought in 2016 still up european law

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fernandomlg  You say it was blacklisted a year ago so you owe at least 1 year of bills plus any fines for none payment.  And your legal contract with EE states you’ll pay each month on time.   You even say you owe EE for none payments. So it’s you who has broken that contract that you agreed to with EE.   So EE have every right to blacklist the device and don’t have to remove the blacklist unti you pay what you owe. 

EE will not cancel a contact and allow you to  continue using the device with a pay-as-you-go SIM card.  EE probably requested you pay off the contract first.  

Investigator

Chris please let going be serius with this.

yes my fault i broke the contract because my father past away had to comeback to my country and i lost the job.

But even broken the contract you have no right to blocked me for stolen or lost or unpaid.

Because im in debit with you.

Let going see what happend in court.

Please anyone  who had same problem please contact to me i m willing to start legal action about that and my lawyer told me more people better.

is very sat that your service is mad and you only look to make cash with us same that is happenish with apple now.....

Thanks a lot

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fernandomlg  EE have every right to blacklist the device for none payment.  EE are not going to allow you to use a device that you owe money on.   If you took this to court you’ll loose as you owe for the contract that you failed to pay.   

When you agree to take out a contract you agree to pay each month on time without fail.  You have obviously failed to pay so you broke the contract that you had with EE. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fernandomlg

So to sum up,  you defaulted on your contract because you lost your job, didn't bother contacting or coming to some agreement with EE over your outstanding contract, and now years later cannot use your phone as it was blocked by EE. 

However you now want to use the phone but EE won't unlock/unblock until you have discharged your debt owed on the account.

This is all covered in EE network terms and conditions

2. Equipment You may get Equipment from Us for free or for an upfront cost when You take out a Price Plan, or You may be able to take out a Finance agreement to purchase Equipment from Us. Unless We tell You otherwise We will own any Equipment provided to You by Us for the first six months of the Minimum Term (see point 10.1). If You take out a Price Plan via a third party who is not EE and get Equipment from that third party when You take out the Price Plan, that third party may own any Equipment provided to You by them for the first six months of the Minimum Term (see point 10.2). During this time You will be required to take all reasonable care with the Equipment and keep it in good condition as if You owned it (see point 10.3.2). During that 6 month time period You must not give or sell the Equipment to anyone else without our prior written consent (see point 10.3.1). We will collect network data and Equipment details (using software installed on the Equipment) in order to Disable the Equipment in certain instances of fraud or non-payment occurring in the first 6 months (see points 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3). If You get Equipment from Us under a Finance agreement, You will own the Equipment from the moment of purchase (see point 10.1). You will have to enter into a separate Finance agreement and other terms will also apply to You

11. When We may Blacklist and Disable the Equipment

11.1 In order to protect the Network and the Services for the use of all Our customers and in accordance with point 10 above, We will identify fraudulent use of Equipment based on any and all data available to Us and will then take steps if We know or have reasonable grounds to suspect that fraud has taken place. 11.2 Where We identify fraud has taken place We will: 11.2.1 Disable the Equipment where: 11.2.1.1 11.2.1.2 We own it pursuant to point 10.1 above; or A third party owns it pursuant to point 10.2 above and that third party has given Us the right to Disable it; and/or 11.2.2 place the Equipment on a Blacklist. 11.3 The following situations are indicative of where We will assume fraud has taken place. However, We may use Our rights to Blacklist and/or Disable the Equipment in other situations where We reasonably believe fraud has occurred: 11.3.1 You do not pay any bill within the first six months of this Agreement; 11.3.2 We detect that the Equipment has never been used in the UK and is being used outside the UK without Our knowledge or consent and with a SIM card that has not been supplied by Us; 11.3.3 You tell Us that Equipment has been lost or stolen; 11.3.4 We suspect on reasonable grounds that information has been supplied to Us without the knowledge of the person named or that an application is unauthorised or contains false particulars, including fraudulently obtained financial details. 11.4 We will try to send You reasonable Written Notice before We take any of the steps above, but We do not have to as We may have to act quickly to prevent the damage from any potential fraud increasing. 11.5 We will restore services and remove any Blacklist or Disable once We are satisfied that there is in fact no fraudulent use of the Equipment by You or any third party. That may include You paying any sums that are owed to Us under this Agreement, including the Cancellation Charge. We may charge You the cost of enabling the Equipment except where there has been a genuine error or dispute (see point 6.6 above). We can change Your Payment Terms as a condition of this. 11.6 Point 11.3.1 will not apply if You have a genuine dispute with Us and before the date by which Your bill must be paid, You have written (see point 14.6) to Us setting out the details of Your dispute, including the amount of Your claim against Us and the amount You intend to withhold as disputed. If the amount You intend to withhold is less than the total amount You owe Us then You must pay the difference by the date set outon the bill. If You don’t, then We can terminate this Agreement immediately. Your right to withhold payment will end once We revert back to You with a response, which will be reasonable and take into account all relevant regulations and circumstances. You may have the right to take Your complaint to the Ombudsman Services dispute resolution scheme or to the Financial Ombudsman Service as described at points 14.9 or 14.10 below. 11.7 The rights in this point 11 are in addition to Our rights to suspend and or disconnect the Services and/or terminate the Agreement under point 6.

You defaulted within three months of your contract so EE are within their rights to block your phone. 

You are wasting your time posting here as there is no account access on these forums. You should complain if you think you have a case. 

You can also litigate if you feel you have a case, but honestly I don't think you have. Your choice. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Sorry i meant if the device is stolen or lost you can do it.

But my device is here with me and its mark as lost or stolen.

Investigator

Are you sure that legal formal contract is same what i signed up i dont think so.

Investigator
Investigator

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Malta law has nothing to do with UK law.

Don' waste your time or money with legal action as you will lose.

You owe EE money so they have every right to chase you for it an to blacklist your phone, this is not illegal.

EE may be a massive ompany but they have every right to gain money owed by you.

Read up on UK law before stating law.

Not all EU law applies in UK. And NO Malta law applies in UK

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.