by -PCboi-
Explorer

Re: Why can't you unlock my phone

I can't unlock my phone even though I got it used.

I got an EE sim card as I needed one asap and now I can't change network!

6 REPLIES 6
by -PCboi-
Explorer

It is pay as you go by the way

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@-PCboi-   You have to call customer services to request and it’ll cost you £8.99.  

Depending on how old the phone is and if it was a contract phone it’ll need to be over 6 months old starting when it was sold by EE before it can be unlocked. 

Did the original have this as a contract device and how long did they have before they sold it to you ?  

Just because you now use it on payg has no bearing on whether it can be unlocked.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

This thread has become confusing. Is it @Zoehunter90 or @-PCboi- asking? If @Zoehunter90 then how did it get to have @-PCboi- asking a similar question but maybe from different circumstances? Each person should have there own thread. Has thread hijacking occured here?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   Yes thread hijacking has happened here.   You need to look at the dates to see who you are posting too.  And @-PCboi-  should of started their own thread but unfortunately anyone can reply to a thread even if that thread has a solution for the original question. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@-PCboi- : To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B yes I saw the dates when I reviewed it all later. Then I rethought about it. Perhaps @-PCboi- was just trying to avoid creating a duplicate thread by getting in on an old one... And perhaps if old threads aren't to be added to then they should be locked down... So perhaps I was a bit hard on @-PCboi-, even though I did use the term hijacking in semi jest.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.