by -PCboi-
Explorer

Re: Why can't you unlock my phone

I can't unlock my phone even though I got it used.

I got an EE sim card as I needed one asap and now I can't change network!

6 REPLIES 6
by -PCboi-
Explorer

It is pay as you go by the way

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@-PCboi-   You have to call customer services to request and it’ll cost you £8.99.  

Depending on how old the phone is and if it was a contract phone it’ll need to be over 6 months old starting when it was sold by EE before it can be unlocked. 

Did the original have this as a contract device and how long did they have before they sold it to you ?  

Just because you now use it on payg has no bearing on whether it can be unlocked.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

This thread has become confusing. Is it @Zoehunter90 or @-PCboi- asking? If @Zoehunter90 then how did it get to have @-PCboi- asking a similar question but maybe from different circumstances? Each person should have there own thread. Has thread hijacking occured here?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   Yes thread hijacking has happened here.   You need to look at the dates to see who you are posting too.  And @-PCboi-  should of started their own thread but unfortunately anyone can reply to a thread even if that thread has a solution for the original question. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@-PCboi- : To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B yes I saw the dates when I reviewed it all later. Then I rethought about it. Perhaps @-PCboi- was just trying to avoid creating a duplicate thread by getting in on an old one... And perhaps if old threads aren't to be added to then they should be locked down... So perhaps I was a bit hard on @-PCboi-, even though I did use the term hijacking in semi jest.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.