by Kingmarwin Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device – The EE quick guide

I have a problem unlocking my phone bought my mother in UK its ee network and the phone is now in the philippines and i dont have any EE simcard..can i use the ee account of my mother and phone number?

35 REPLIES 35
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kingmarwin,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, your mother can unlock it via her EE account.

Please see the opening post in this conversation for more information.

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

She can unlock it even if she dont have the phone in hand sir?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kingmarwin: Yes, if she bought this phone herself new direct from EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

Hello sir,

The icon say it the number told me the number should be start with 07 but our number in the philippines starts with 09

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kingmarwin,

You need to enter the EE mobile number that came with the phone.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Unlocking EE Phone from the Philippines

@Kingmarwin: You are trying to unlock an EE phone from the UK. You need to supply the original UK number that it came with, not some Philippino number that you happen to have. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

Re: Unlocking EE Phone from the Philippines

Hello sir,

They already responded the unlock request but they said that they cant complete the request due to the phone is not active..what else can i do?

Valued Contributor

And they already charged my mom 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

You will need to call customer services and have the account fully registered in order to complete the unlocking.

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

Hello lee,

Do i really need to call the customer service?ive done 2 request and they send me a email and it says that i need to wait up to 10 days to get the code and instructions to unlock.they also charged 2.75 £ for the service fee and it seems like we paid for nothing.

Valued Contributor

They charged 3 service fees

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

You should be charged anything extra on top of the £8.99, I'm not quite sure where this service charge has came from.

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

My mom is willing to pay that amount as long as the phone will be unlock..hope you will help me..thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

So how much in total have you been charged?

Can I confirm you have requested the unlock via direct EE customer services?

Where are these service charges showing?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H: "NOT charged"!

@Kingmarwin: You sure you are talking to EE? They don't add service charges to the unlocking fee. Maybe it's your local phone provider making these charges when you call? 

What no. are you calling EE? Does it start (+44) 0845?

Valued Contributor

Sorry maybe i just miss read the message of my mother..ive done the request 2 times already i just done the 2nd one a while ago its a samsung s8..sorry for what i miss read.

Valued Contributor

I havent tried to call the customer service

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, how are you trying to unlock it then?

Valued Contributor

Ive done the request twice and i just did the 2nd one a while ago..and email me that ill wait up to 10 days for the code and instructions

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.