by jinx61
Explorer

Re: Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device

Could you help me check the status of mine please. It was done on the 13th July and I can't seem to check online.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jinx61: Try putting a non-EE SIM in it & see if it works. If it does, your phone is unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jinx61
Explorer

I have, It is asking for the unlock pin. I have had no texts etc as I have done before from EEv when unlocking a phone. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jinx61  What device is it and where did you get it from ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jinx61: How did you apply for this unlock?

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

You say it was done on 13 July. What was done? Was that the date you applied for it? It's just 10 days ago.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jinx61
Explorer

It's a samsung S6 edge.

It was purchased directly from EE through a small business account. It was a work phone which I was given after the contract finished and they upgraded the phones. I filled out the online form on the 13th.

I know it was 10 days ago it was done but this must be the 14th phone I have done unlocked through EE and it never took this long.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jinx61   You cannot apply for the unlock on this phone yourself you have to get your company to do it as it was a business contract.

by jinx61
Explorer

I have. They have given permission and all details for this to be done. I manage the phone purchasing for the company.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jinx61 wrote:

I filled out the online form on the 13th.

It's not registered to you but the firm. So you can't yourself use the form, only the firm can.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jinx61  When you filled out the online form did you put your company details or your details?  It needs to be your company information.    

by
EE Employee

Hi @jinx61 and welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to the unlocking team to look into this further for you?

Many thanks,

Lee 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.