by andybdrinkell
Visitor

Re: Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device

uested an unlock code well ovr a month ago for my daughters Samsung Galaxy J3. all details were given at the time to the customer service person who was very nice, I have to say. The phone came from Asda locked to EE. I already had the sim from the original phone (she dropped it and it wasn't insured so I stupidly bought her a new phone and swapped the SIM card...)

I explained all of this and was told it would be sorted within 72 hours or if longer I'd get a text. Nothing. i tried again. same thing. Nothing. And again...

Just put the sim in and there's nothing, no unlock instructions, nothingh. And it IS locked despite the last guy telling me it isn't. It asks for the unlock code. Yep, the one I don't have...

Annoyingly this has tied me to EE on the Pay Monthly rip off tarrif as I can't leave. If I do, the ruddy phone is locked to EE and of no use.

What in God's name is going on here? I'm by no means the first to have this problem. I will NOT be using EE or recommending them tio anyone else no matter how inventive Mr Bacon is with his advertisements on TV. It's a ruddy shambles and an expensive one at that.

I'll be giving EE customner services another call tomorrow but the poor girl on the other end of the phone isn't to blame. I feel guilty ranting to her (or him, whichever) when the problem lies above.

AND they've taken the credit off the phone. AGAIN. and it hasn't been used....

Yes, it's a Victor Meldrew moment but if I did my job with the same level of incompetence I'd be hung out to dry (I drive a big yellow thing with blue lights that goes "woo, woo" )

Get It sorted!!!

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@andybdrinkell: How did you request the unlock? By phone or online form?

To unlock a phone not bought directly from EE you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andybdrinkell

Welcome to the community.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions