by sarahz Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device

Hi,

Ive tried to unlock my phone but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried doing it online and it says my number isn't recognized. I need my phone to be unlocked as i am abroad and need it

Thanks 

S

14 REPLIES 14
by sarahz Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I've tried to unlock my phone but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried doing it online and it says my number isn't recognized. I need my phone to be unlocked as I am abroad and need it

Thanks 

S

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sarahz: Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @sarahz

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you able to use your EE SIM card when you're roaming?

If you can let us know the answers to @XRaySpeX questions we will be able to help you with your unlocking request.

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @sarahz

Please CLICK HERE to review the current unlocking process.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by sarahz Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, my sim card is active but i am not using any data whilst abroad. My roaming is off 

I just need the UAE sim card to work on my phone 

Thanks 

by sarahz Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

No i bought the device from EE brand new on contract

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you buy it from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sarahz  If you had the device less than 6 months EE will not unlock it.   

by sarahz Investigator
Investigator

so what will i do

Highlighted
by

Hi @sarahz

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Have you had your device less than 6 months?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't do anything if you've had it less than 6 months from new. EE will not unlock it. That 1 of the T&C's you agreed to when you bought it from EE.

by sarahz Investigator
Investigator

Well i purchased it in August of 2018, so it would be 6 months in 10 days. But i need it now. Surely you can unlock it for me its only 10 days. This is so frustrating. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No you will have to wait 10 days

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by

Good Morning @sarahz

I can see @BrendonH has provided you the correct answer, we have to await till the device is exactly 6 months old before we can unlock it. 

If your device is 6 months old in 10 days we would recommend submitting the form or giving us a call then. 

You can find full information about the unlocking process on our help and support page.

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions