by bahrouni Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unlocking my EE device

I am in France and I want to unlock my iphone. But I can not reach you how I can do it.

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bahrouni  If the device is 2nd hand you have to call customer services to request this.

if you got the device yourself from EE you can fill this out

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/device-unlock/

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bahrouni: That thread you added to & the advice in it were out-of-date.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bahrouni Investigator
Investigator

u know im in france i can't call the customer services??
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bahrouni  Is the device 2nd hand or did you get this yourself from EE ?  

by bahrouni Investigator
Investigator

the device 2nd hand.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bahrouni   Then you have to call EE customer services to request this there is no other way and you will be charged £8.99.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @bahrouni and welcome to the Community.

On the back of what @Chris_B has advised please do contact customer services using the Calling From Abroad Number.

Many thanks,

Lee

by bahrouni Investigator
Investigator

i want payed but i can't call because know i m in france..
by bahrouni Investigator
Investigator

someone hellp meeeeeeeeeeeeee plz?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bahrouni    As the device is secondhand you have no option but to call customer services to unlock this device.

Before purchasing a secondhand device that's on the network that doesn't operate in your home country it is always best to check on how do you unlock that device from that network.     In this case you have to call EE customer services as this is their policy for secondhand devices.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @bahrouni

Please use the contact number in the link I have provided in my previous post to contact us directly.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can call the UK Freephone 0800 no. I gave you for free over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by bahrouni Investigator
Investigator

I thank everyone that wanted to help me.
But pity I was not successful. it is complicated. I leave fallen..Lavie is complicated ass like that. Thank you again
by
EE Community Support Team

No problem @bahrouni

If there is anything we can help you with in future, please don't hesitate to come see us in community 🙂

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions