by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking Netgear Nighthawk M1

A local shop that isn't EE? That'll be why EE's saying it's not registered to them.

This will not be the same situation as the OP who bought direct from EE & his was a corporate sale.

To unlock a phone not bought direct from EE you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by R1_BOY Investigator
Investigator

I have Already done that and paid the £8.99 

I Received a text from EE saying it’s not a Locked Device and are unable the generate me a unlock Code 

it’s Definitely Locked on EE it’s showing on the Netgear App and the Device it self also when I put in a non EE sim it is showing Locked Device and there a E logo on the router Screen 

im in exactly the same situation as Henrymatter if anyone knows how did he resolve this problem would help alot 

by R1_BOY Investigator
Investigator

EE is saying it’s not Locked or Registered with them when I put in a non EE Sim it shows Locked Device also when I login in the Netgear App via Router it’s Showing Locked Device and under Cellar setting option

I can see EE as default & I can’t remove it too on the app it also asking enter unlock code 

exactly the same situation as “Henrymatter

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What non-EE SIM are you trying? Don't use 3; try O2.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by R1_BOY Investigator
Investigator

I just tired 02 sim still showing locked to EE and I’m also getting the E logo on device itself 

do you you know how Henrymatter solve this I’m in exactly the same situation as the above member 

by henrymatter Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

if you read the full thread you will see that after a while someone from EE managed to find the device - The device had been allocated to a non-existant/non-active PAYG SIM 

they found teh device through the IMEI i believe and were able to generate the unlock code that way. you need to actually speak to someone on the phone rather than by e-mail.

Good luck!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.