by henrymatter Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unlocking Netgear Nighthawk M1

Hey, I'm having the same isue with mine - EE customer service saying they can't/wont unlock it - purchased months ago and still same answer - can anyone help?

thanks

H

25 REPLIES 25
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @henrymatter

Welcome to the EE community :). 

Did our customer service team advise why the can't unlock this?

Speak soon, Katie

Investigator

Hi Katie, thank you!

They said the IMEI number isnt on their system and isnt showing as active in the network - even though the device was purchased through EE and has an active (and working) EE SIM in it - but whenever I put in a non EE SIM I get "Device Locked"

H

by

Thank you for confirming this @henrymatter

Did the team provide you any further steps?

Where are you finding the IMEI?

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@henrymatter: Did you buy the device direct from EE or from a reseller on an EE contract. It is in the latter case that the IMEI isn't registered on EE's system.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
Investigator

@Katie_B nope just said thet cant do it. the IMEI is inside teh device and in the software

@XRaySpeX purchased directly through EE purchasing (business contract) as a stand alone device through our hardware fund.

Any thoughts on how I can rectify this or do I need to return the device?

thanks!

by

Hi @henrymatter,

Unlocking works slightly differently for corporate accounts. Have you spoken to your account manager?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Yup, spoke to, was passed to unlocking team, they just keep saying they are unable to help as it’s not on their system (computer says no)

Does anyone have any contacts I can use to get an unlock code? Am I within my rights to return it for a replacement unit if it’s not on their database?

Thanks
H
by

Hi @henrymatter,

Sorry, our unlocking team can't request the unlock of devices linked to corporate accounts.

Your account manager can advise if it's possible to unlock the device.

Thanks

James

Investigator

thanks @James_B, I have already mentioned in the thread that this isnt recognised on the EE systems so its not linked to any account. Ive also already been told that they cant/wont unlock it so what am I supposed to do? am I within my rights to return the device as "faulty" as it is my device and it is unuseable on another network?

Or if I put a PAYG EE SIM in it will I be abl eto unlock through the "usual" channels?

thanks for any help anyone can give me!

H

by

Good Morning @henrymatter

Have you spoken with your account manager in regards to unlocking the device?

As @James_B has mentioned our unlocking team can't process an unlock linked to corporate accounts. 

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@henrymatter wrote:

am I within my rights to return the device as "faulty" as it is my device and it is unuseable on another network?

What rights? It wasn't sold to you. Your firm bought it & has allocated it to you.

You can't just register a PAYG SIM you just bought for it in order to unlock it. It's the phone that needs unlocking not the SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

thanks @Katie_B, yes spoken to the corporate team, as mentioned already they have no record of the drvice on the system so cant/wont generate an unlock code (I have proof of order etc but seem to have hit a brick wall).

Investigator

thanks @XRaySpeX

it was sold to me as I am the IT Manager within the company - not been given to me but trying to unlock it as the reason we got the hardware was to use in remote areas where we can't guarantee EE signal 🙂 

I know its the hardware that needs unlocking but if your teams are unable to deal with it on a corporate account can I not put an active PAYG SIM in to enable the personal team to deal with it, as the IMEI isnt registered with the corporate team? just trying to find a way round the IMEI not being registered on the corporate systems.

by

Thanks for confirming this @henrymatter

I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

Thanks so much for the help everyone - I eventually managed this.

The device had been allocated to a non-existant/non-active PAYG SIM (which is very strange!) but eventually someone found this out so they were able to generate the correct unlock code.

thanks!

H

by

It's great to hear that this has been resolved @henrymatter

Thanks for keeping us updated, I hope to see you around the community in the future. 

Katie 🙂

by R1_BOY Investigator
Investigator

Hello

i would appreciate it a lot if you can help me how did you manage to get the sorted I have exactly the same problem As you with my Netgear m1 router I called EE unlocking team they are telling me it’s not registered with them and they can’t not generate me a unlock code I explained to EE that when I put in a non EE Sim 

The Device show “Locked device”

on EE even on the app router login 

it’s showing EE Device im in exactly 

the same situation as you Please if you 

can let me know how did you solve this out 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@R1_BOY : Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

by R1_BOY Investigator
Investigator

I bought it from a local retail Shop 

Brand New Sealed i’m In the exactly the same situation as the (Henrymatter)

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.