by viktor1 Investigator
Investigator

Re: How to unlock a second-hand phone or device locked to EE

Hello my name is Victor. I was given a locked Nokia lumia 920 for your operator. Since I live in Russia, I can not reach you by phone number. I also do not have a UK card. What should I do in such a case?

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @viktor1

Thanks for coming to the community.

To get the phone unlocked, you’ll need to call us on +44 800 956 6000 to request this and you would need a UK credit or debit card to make the payment of £8.99.

Requests for unlocking second hand devices cannot be made via the online form.

We cannot unlock a device purchased or upgraded through a contract that is less than 6 months old.

Thanks, Leanne.

by viktor1 Investigator
Investigator

I am sorry and can I be contacted via Skype and pay with Pay Pal?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@viktor1  You can not use PayPal. UK credit/debit card only.  and yes you can use Skype. 

by viktor1 Investigator
Investigator

I have a question . Where do I get you a card in the UK? I live in Russia, how can I arrange it? Maybe there is a way to pay with a Visa card from Russia?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @viktor1

You would need to speak to a UK bank.

A card from Russia would not be accepted, we are unable to unlock the device you have without a UK debit or credit card.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@viktor1: You would be unable to get a UK credit card w/out being resident in the UK & having a good UK credit history.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by viktor1 Investigator
Investigator

And there are no other ways? Why everything is done so inappropriately that if you are not from the UK, then everything is closed for you. I just want to unlock my phone, that's all. The phone is already 6 years old and you can not untie it from the operator. Why does AT & T have unlock online and you don’t have it. Okay. I can add that I have a SIM card from T-mobial in it. Known

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Because EE is a UK network selling to UK residents. 

Why did not find out how to unlock a 2nd-hand foreign phone before buying it? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by viktor1 Investigator
Investigator

I did not buy it, I just gave it away.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.