by Rubenmorejon Investigator
Investigator

Re: All about badges in the EE Community

I’m from Spain and I have bought an Iphone 8 on Ebay locked to EE company. I would like to know how to unloked it

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Unlock iPhone 8 in Spain

@Rubenmorejon: To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

The iPhone 8 is so new it could well be under 6 months old & EE won't unlock it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Unlock iPhone 8 in Spain

@Rubenmorejon: To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

The iPhone 8 is so new it could well be under 6 months old & EE won't unlock it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Rubenmorejon to unlock a second hand device from abroad please contact EE customer service on +44800 956 6000 or +447953 966 250 options 2, 4 who can process the request over the phone. There will be an £8.99 charge and you will need a UK debit or credit card and an email address to receive updates on your request.

More information on unlocking a second hand device through EE:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/How-to-unlock-a-second-hand-phone-or-device-lock...

Please note that EE will not unlock a device that is part of an EE contact until it is at least 6 months old so with it being the Apple iPhone 8 which is a brand new device you may need to wait.

Highlighted
Investigator

Re: Unlock iPhone 8 in Spain

Yes, I have read it but I don’t speak English well, maybe could be an option to do this via mail or another way in writing?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

No there is no email address or online form for unlocking a second hand device it can only be done over the phone. Can anyone call for you?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rubenmorejon

Thanks for coming to see us in the community 🙂

Please follow the information given to you by @XRaySpeX and @tm90 as that is the right process to follow.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Thx for all... i will w8 for unloked 😞

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions