by eetellthetruth
Visitor

REPORTING EE TO OMBUDSMAN FOR FAILURE TO UNLOCK PHONE

Five times in three months, hours wasted waiting for "sorry we are very busy at the moment and may take longer to answer you call" (get some staff then youve got enough money)

Im sick of being fobbed off by EE

Asked to have iphone unlocked and told over and over "its been unlocked"

then go to Apple, what a load of **** as if Apple would do aything, But they did tell me "we have heard this thousands of times from this carrier, you are not the only one"

You know Apple won't unlock an EE locked phone, so why tell me then?

Now you've locked the account and give me other **bleep** and bull about not being able to do anything,

So finally i will bypass your complaints department, go to Watchdog and the Ombudsmen, trading Standards and examine your policy documents with a fine toothcomb.,

Good Luck

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: REPORTING EE TO OMBUDSMAN FOR FAILURE TO UNLOCK PHONE

@eetellthetruth   Can I Just Point Out is Not Law to Unlock a mobile phone if You Requested it and no Network is Obliged to Unlock the Phone Because You have requested it.   

What Network Sim Card Have You Put in The Device Amd What iPhone Model is it ?    

This is a public forum not customer services so please don’t rant your reply back to me.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @eetellthetruth,

Welcome to the EE Community.

In addition to @Chris_B's questions, can I ask when you first requested the unlock and did you do it online or with customer services?

What do you mean when you say 'Now you've locked the account'?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't escalate your complaint, whatever it is, to the Ombudsman w/out 1st going thro' EE Complaints Process, for 8 weeks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions