by soonsah
Explorer

Problems Unlocking My Phone

So my account is registed, pay-as-you-go, and I recieve a txt saying they couldn't unlock it as "it wasn't registed", Odd, as I managed to log in and top up on the device.

Also there seem's to be one page saying it's free to get it unlocked as pay as you go, then once you complete the request it says you'll be charged £8.99

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Problems Unlocking My Phone

Yes, you've registered the SIM, but it's the phone you're wanting unlocked, not the SIM.

Where did you get phone? Did you get it new direct from EE or is it 2nd hand?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by soonsah
Explorer

Baught direct from EE, Filled in all the forms including registering the handset, received txt's saying it was all done including emails.  And a final email saying it could take upto 10days.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @soonsah and welcome to the Community.

So I can try and help, please may I know if you have spoken to Customer Services at any point to register your detail for your main account?

Registering for MyEE is a separate registration.

Many thanks,

Lee

by soonsah
Explorer

Yes, it seems EE have my handset and my number registered to someone else.  Odd as the receipt paid for with my debit card hs the number on it registered to me aswell as the device IMEI number.

by
EE Employee

Hi @soonsah

I have been looking into your issue regarding incorrect registration.

Please do give our Customer Service Team a quick call as there is a process that they can follow to correct this.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.