by stacytm
Visitor

Phone unlock

Hi,

Back in November 2016 I had my iPhone 5s unlocked to give to a friend because she broke hers. She was on a different network and so we had the phone unlocked by EE. I got the text, followed the instructions and everything. It worked fine. Then she gave it back to me and I restored the phone to wipe her stuff off it. Now my bf needs to use it and he's on giff gaff, however when he put the sim in it wouldn't work! It says that the sim is not supported. Why is the phone locked again?? And now I have to pay for this again! I didn't put an EE sim back into the phone either. Wasting my time because I have to wait another 10 days for it be unlocked and money.

1 REPLY 1
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Phone unlock

Hello @stacytm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your phone unlock. Once an iPhone has been unlocked it should stay unlocked even after a restore. Can you confirm you do have the original device either by checking the serial number or the IMEI of it if you have any of the original documentation or the box?

There is no account access allowed to query what has happened through here, but customer service can look into this for you on 150 from your we phone or 07953 966 250 from any other. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.