by mb69
Explorer

Phone unlock abroad

Hi,

Having a lot of trouble unlocking my phone from abroad. I've moved to japan for work and  requested yesterday to have my iPhone SE unlocked via 'manage my device' on my account page. I agreed to pay the fee and received a mail saying my 'unlock request is in progress' and that I would get another email within 30 mins to complete the process.

Well - no second email, phone is still locked, live chat isn't appearing, no support email address, calling costs £1.65/minute which I tried in the end but even then the numerical option selection via the keypad didn't work. Getting fed up I tried to complain via the web form and got the 'This field is not valid' message in the more details section.

Come on, EE, how hard is it for me to contact you from abroad? I shouldn't have to write to the whole world on a forum just to get my phone unlocked.

Would you please unlock my phone as you said you would. I can provide you my IMEI if required.

All best

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone unlock abroad

Hi @mb69 

The process is the same for everyone. Please read: 

HOW DO I UNLOCK AN EE DEVICE TO USE WITH ANOTHER NETWORK?

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by mb69
Explorer

Re: Phone unlock abroad

Thanks Northener

Well, I did - that's how I requested the unlock from my account page.

However, your reply prompted me to look further down the page and text UNLOCK to 150 to check. I hadn't done that before as I was waiting for this promised 'second email with instructions'. It seems my phone is partially unlocked, and needs to have the new SIM put in. So I will try that.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.