by Mvas Contributor
Contributor

Phone still not unlocked

The same problem here did try to unlocked them last year I had fill the unlocking form. Then I got a message it is unlocked, but never tried to put any other network SIM card. So last week I try to put another SIM card (different network) it just says no service no way there is no signal as the current SIM card has a serve with the different phone. So what I did thinking maybe it wasn't unlocked, so I did fill the unlocking form again , after a few days which is today it says details been checked that the phone was unlocked , still won't recognised any sim. Need to be sorted Pls.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
by Mvas Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device – The EE quick guide

The same problem here did try to unlocked them last year I had fill the unlocking form. Then I got a message it is unlocked, but never tried to put any other network SIM card.  So last week I try to put another SIM card (different network)  it just says no service no way there is no signal as the current SIM card has a serve with the different phone. So what I did thinking maybe it wasn't unlocked, so I did fill the unlocking form again , after  a few days which is today it says details been checked that the phone was unlocked , still won't recognised any sim. Need to be sorted Pls.

Thank ou.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mvas  What device?  

And if it's a iPhone 4 you need to connect the device to iTunes on a PC with a different network provider SIM card in the device as the iPhone 4 can not perform a over the air network unlock.   Follow the on screen prompts that pop up within iTunes to complete the unlock. 

by Mvas Contributor
Contributor

by Mvas Contributor
Contributor

It's an iPhone 4

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone still not unlocked

@Mvas: Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd hand? Are you in UK?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mvas. Read the edited post I've put up and use a o2 or vodaphone SIM card as 3 SIM card don't always work when performing network unlock. 

by Mvas Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device

It was brand new direct from Tmobile bought my hy husband for me, still using it as a second phone still on EE pay as you go(now) but it was a 2 year contract from T mobile, since the contract end I switch to pay as you you with the same provider. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device

@Mvas   If the device has been unlocked then you need to do as I have instructed, the iPhone 4 cannot perform an over the air unlock and you have to do this through iTunes on a PC. 

@XRaySpeX  The device is already unlocked but the unlock has not been preformed on the device yet as it needs to connect to iTunes to complete the unlock. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: Just checking Smiley Wink! OK?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  That's ok.

But @Mvas did say it's been done already.  The problem is that EE unlock information is about over the air unlocks with the iPhone and they only work on the iPhone 5 and above so if you use that for the iPhone 4s and below it will not work and iTunes has to be used.  OK. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions