by SalahEddineBC Investigator
Investigator

Phone not allowed for voice

Hello,

I bought a brand new s9 from a reseller In Algeria, it was working perfectly untill now , it is telling me that the phone is not allowed for voice when i went out from Algeria,  what can i do please , I really need to make phone calls

23 REPLIES 23
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone not allowed for voice

Hi @SalahEddineBC 

This isn't an EE network issue. Are you sure it's new as it sounds like its stolen and outside Algeria the IMEI lock would be recognised. 

Samsung used to area code their devices, but that won't be the issue.

You will need to contact the seller.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hello , the phone came from ee uk , and yes its new i have its box and i opened it by myself , it was working normaly in Algéria but now  i am out of country it stopped working

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @SalahEddineBC 

Why would anyone in Algeria sell an EE UK network locked phone? It's stolen or reported lost.

You need to check it here: https://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

Investigator

Hello , i just checked in checkmend , this is the link www.checkmend.com/uk/verify/CM14713168-E1E3B , its not reported stolen or lost, i dont know how the phone came from uk , but i do have the box and the purchase receipt 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SalahEddineBC   You don’t have a receipt from EE as EE didn’t sell you the device. Your issue it with the person who sold you this. 

Investigator

But ee blocked the phone not the seller, what can i do? There is a section of unlocking a second hand phone i guess this is my case but i dont have anyway to call them

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SalahEddineBC   if the device has been blocked it will not be unlocked.  Even if the block is removed you will need to pay the unlocking fee via UK credit or debit card and you will have to call to do this.  But the block is in place for a reason, it might not come up in checkmend but it’s there and there is nothing you can do about it.  The device is locked to the EE network and EE operate solely in the UK so why on earth would you purchase this device especially as you say it was brand-new and still sealed.

If you wish to try and sort this you will need to call EE customer services.   

Investigator

I am ready to pay the unlock fees but i cant call them, the phone was sealed so there is no way to find out which carrier was locked to

Investigator

Do they have an international phone number or email where i can talk to them?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SalahEddineBC   Try this +44 7953 966 250.  But I’ll tell you this you didn’t purchase the device from EE so if the device has been block by the original owner of the device or the contract on that device hadn’t been paid the block will not be removed for you.  You are not the true owner of that device and it doesn’t matter how new the device was when you got it.  EE don’t operate in Algeria so why would you buy it.  

Investigator

I just need a clear solution , i didnt know that the phone was ee locked
because it was sealed and i didnt have a problem with it untill i left the
country for a study vacation
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @SalahEddineBC 

The box and receipt might be fake.

Can you enter *#1234# into the dialer and provide the three sets of code.

Also what is the phone status - Settings - About phone - Status - Phone status

Thanks,

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SalahEddineBC,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please get in touch with EE Customer Care if you would like to see if the phone can be unlocked.

As @Chris_B said, if the phone is blacklisted we wouldn't be able to complete the unlock.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hello , no i checked that the imei is the same on the box and on the phone, the receipt wasnt fake because it contain the imei and my name and signed by the store and it is handwritten 

Investigator

I checked and the phone is blacklisted but not reported stolen or lost , what can be the reason for this blacklist?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SalahEddineBC,

Sorry, only the registered owner can check why it has been blacklisted.

Thanks

James

Investigator

AP : G960FXXU6CSG8
CP : G960FXXU6CSG4
CSC : G960FOBE6CSG4
Model :SM-G960F

This is what *#1234# show

Investigator

There is no other solution ? Any solution that dont include the seller because i cant get in touch with him

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SalahEddineBC   The blacklist will not be removed,  you have purchased a device that has been blacklisted and this will not be removed for you as you are not the original owner of the device.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.