by annoyed_at_ee Investigator
Investigator

Phone Unlock

Want to unlock my old phone from EE - so did the online form.

It's free because the device contract is finished - I'm still with them but with a new device.

As soon as the process finished, I got a note saying I was going to get charged £8.99.

Is EE just trying to solicit complaints?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone Unlock

@annoyed_at_ee  That’s a automatic  standardised reply and I get that every time I’ve requested to get my old devices unlocked.   The wording is wrong it should say you’ll only be charged if your still in contract with that device. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @annoyed_at_ee

Thank you for posting in community 🙂

@Chris_B is right.

Just reading through the How to unlock your EE pay monthly phone or device support article, the criteria is here.

• If the contract for the device is now complete, the request will be free of charge.

• If you’re still within contract the cost will be £8.99.

If you're out of contract, then it will be unlocked for free.

Hope this helps

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Thanks both,

That at least sets my mind at rest, until my next bill anyway... we'll see if it's on there.

I read that same page Richard, which is why when the confirmation page then says you'll be billed, it's like a poke in the eye!

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Investigator

Thanks both,

That at least sets my mind at rest, until my next bill anyway... we'll see if it's on there.

I read that same page Richard, which is why when the confirmation page then says you'll be billed, it's like a poke in the eye!

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

by
EE Community Support Team

A poke in the eye is not good on any level 🙂

Come back and see us anytime @annoyed_at_ee

Hopefully the information you've got will now make you happy with EE.

Have a great Monday.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.