by prat111 Investigator
Investigator

PAYG unlocking

Hi, I purchased my iphone from Argos and it was listed as sim free, will it be free for me to unlock my PAYG iphone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PAYG unlocking

As it was sold as a SIM-Free iPhone it will probably lock to the 1st SIM you use in it. Have you run it with an EE PAYG SIM? If so, it is probably locked to EE. Have you tried another network's SIM to check if it is really unlocked?

If it is locked to EE, to unlock a phone not purchased from EE you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@prat111   As the device wasn't from EE it will cost you £8.99.  

by prat111 Investigator
Investigator

Can a EE representative delete my request for phone unlocking as i realised the phone is already unlocked and will work with my desired sim when i go on holiday? Thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@prat111   This is a public forum not customer services so you can not request any here you need to call customer services. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

As it was sold as a SIM-Free iPhone it will probably lock to the 1st SIM you use in it. Have you run it with an EE PAYG SIM? If so, it is probably locked to EE. Have you tried another network's SIM to check if it is really unlocked?

If it is locked to EE, to unlock a phone not purchased from EE you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @prat111 and welcome to the Community.

Have you been able to double check if the device is locked after placing the EE SIM and then checking using an alternative SIM.

Many thanks,

Lee

by prat111 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I received a text message from 150 saying my iPhone is already unlocked, does this mean it will work in India? I don't want to go there to find out it doesn't work because then I'll have no way of contacting. Thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@prat111. Get a sim card ftom O2 or Vodaphone and put it in the device to complete the unlock fully.  It will then work with any network worldwide

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Test it with a SIM from another major network, not a MVNO like BT, Virgin or Tesco.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @prat111,

Have you been able to try another network SIM in the phone?

Let us know how you are getting on 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.