Highlighted
by Cutler
Explorer

PAC code mid contract?

Hi there,

My better half has recently left the company she was working for and had to leave her company phone behind. When joining the company she had her personal phone number moved over but on leaving has been told she cannot have it unless she buys out the remainder of the contract.

Please could someone help me on this matter as it seems a little off.

Kind regards
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: PAC code mid contract?

Well, it does seem rather risky transferring a personal no. to a co. phone. Can't see how it's EE's concern as it is the firm's contract and they will only release the no. if she pays off the contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Cutler
Explorer

The company are happy for the number to be changed, it's EE that are requesting that the contract be paid off. 

Seems rediculous that this isn't possible, especially as they have multiple lines as a business contract, plus they would continue to use that particular one. Surely it's just a case of assigning it a new number, or even the number it had before it got changed in the first place?

by
EE Employee

Welcome to the Community @Cutler

Unfortunately, any PAC code requested on a phone still contract does come with a termination fee.

As the phone cannot be overwritten with a new number without losing the current one.

Many thanks

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.