by Mohammed3
Explorer

Ownership of IPhone

Hi,

So I purchased an iPhone X in March18 with receipt, proof of bank transfers and contact history however been advised by EE phone doesn’t legally belong to me, Phone recently got blacklisted but I mange to sort it out with no assistance with EE apart from don’t buy privately and buy a new phone (because £1000 grows on trees). Spoke with seller After weeks managed to unblock stating EE done in error. To prevent this from happening again, how do I legally take ownership of phone? EE unable to advise apart from robotic response process is automated and can not be changed. 

Would appreciate any help from someone who’s been in a similar situation and managed to change if possible.

Many Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ownership of IPhone

@Mohammed3   You can not do this. The device is logged to the account it was purchased under and it’s not possible to change that.  

on a side note not knowing when you got this device and how old it was when you got it, EE does reserve the right to block a device if it is not used on the account it was purchased on within the first six months of purchase from EE.  If someone sells a device in the first 6 months of ownership from EE then they are in breach of contract.  

by Mohammed3
Explorer

Hi Chris,

I appreciate the reply. Phone was purchased in March 2018, previous owner prob had the phone for a few days before selling on. EE are in breach of contract but have no way to enforce or monitor it and frankly don’t think EE care. 18 months on phone is now fully payed off but ownership remains with previous owner.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mohammed3   Ownership will always remain with the original device owner.  How are EE in breach of contract ? And yes EE can see the device is not being used with the account that the device should be used with.    To date though I’ve never know EE to block a device because of this.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.