by 97Fern Investigator
Investigator

Out of contract iPhone 6 plus unlock

Hello

I am using the iPhone I had in a contract through my mothers name. It has been out of contract for over a year (contract taken out in September 2014) and now has a different number that is on pay as you go and not connected to my mothers accoount.

The problem I face is that I am no longer living in UK and need to unlock the phone to use in this country. I filled out a form online (The instructions seem to say that I could fill it out if the phone was part of a monthly plan). 

So my questions are:

Will it cost me to unlock the phone since it is out of contract?

If so, will the payment be taken out of the credit on my pay as you go number or through the contracted account?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Out of contract iPhone 6 plus unlock

@97Fern   If the device/contract  was in someone else’s name then they can fill out the form with there details and the number that was used in the device at the time.   If you want to unlock this yourself you will need to call customer services and it will cost you £8.99.  And it’s payable via a UK credit/debt card.   

by 97Fern Investigator
Investigator

The number that was attached to the phone is now void. When I filled the form out with the current number I am using on it, the devicd I am using was picked up. I used my mothers name and address so will it still be able to be unlocked and will the cost be added to the payee address?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@97Fern  You have to use the number that was used in the device at the time as this was the number on the account.   The payg number is not part of the account that the device was part of.   If you want to use the payg number you will have to call customer services to request this unlock and it’s payable via credit/debt card.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @97Fern

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

@Chris_B is right, for some further information, please see our Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device support article.

Let us know how you get on.

Great to have you here and anything else you need, please just ask.

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot use the online form for unlocking 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by 97Fern Investigator
Investigator

I was unable to get through to customer service. The call went through but disconnected as soon as someone answered. I will just have to purchase a new phone. 

Thank you for all the replies! 

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem at all @97Fern

You are a very welcome member of the EE community and anything we can do to help, then we will.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.