by igunn
Explorer

Orange sim lost

I have misplaced my Orange sim and since I do not residein the UK I was trying to email customer service but have received an out of office auto reply all week. Do I have to call the UK on a landline? Any suggestions on how I to resolve other than calling in?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Orange sim lost

If you have not used it for six months and it is a pay as you go, then yes, you will have lost that number, but if it has only been three months, it wil have gone into hibernation and you can get it deactivated, as you do have to use it  to keep I alive.

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @igunn sorry to hear you have misplaced your SIM. Orange only have phone customer service now, to get your old SIM blocked from being used please call the out of hours lost & stolen team on +447973 100 150 (pay monthly) or +447973 100 450 (PAYG) from another phone who can block your old SIM for now then when general customer service open at 8am a replacement can be ordered to a UK address only. 🙂
by igunn
Explorer

Thank you Tom for your response. I guess no option but to call in. I have not used the sim in a while so perhaps the reason I can;t sign on to my account is because it has stopped working (saw that in another post)
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @igunn PAYG SIM cards deactivate and enter the recycling process after 6months of inactivity. Here is a link containing more information on PAYG SIM hibernation. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Pay-as-you-go-Hibernation-Information-on-EE/td-p/392179
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

If you have not used it for six months and it is a pay as you go, then yes, you will have lost that number, but if it has only been three months, it wil have gone into hibernation and you can get it deactivated, as you do have to use it  to keep I alive.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.