by Taslima Investigator
Investigator

O2 sim working on iphone6s after unlock request. didn't show msg(it's unlocked)?

Requested to unlock my iphone6s with EE. Texted giving a link to follow instruction to unlock. I put o2 sim in the phone and it's working but it didn't show any msg saying it's unlocked but the o2 sim working on the phone. I'm confused . Is it really unlocked ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: O2 sim working on iphone6s after unlock request. didn't show msg(it's unlock

Hi @Taslima and welcome to the community.

A country lock is something I have not come across, an unlocked device will work as long as the country you are in supports the bandwidth as mentioned by @Chris_B

Bangladesh support the following:

2G capabilities

GSM 900, GSM 1800

3G capabilities

UMTS 2100

4G capabilities

N/A

Hope this helps,

Lee

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: O2 sim working on iphone6s after unlock request. didn't show msg(it's unlock

It's unlocked if it works with an O2 SIM. Nothing says "I'm unlocked!".

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Taslima Investigator
Investigator

Ooh k. But I'm traveling to Bangladesh and I will b using that county's sim. Will it work in the phone. Or this unlocking is just for uk networks? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Taslima  If it’s unlocked it will work with any SIM card from anywhere providing that the network that the SIM card is in supports the bandwidth of the device you are using. 

by Taslima Investigator
Investigator

I have another question . What is country lock? Is it different to usual phone unlocking I did?

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Taslima and welcome to the community.

A country lock is something I have not come across, an unlocked device will work as long as the country you are in supports the bandwidth as mentioned by @Chris_B

Bangladesh support the following:

2G capabilities

GSM 900, GSM 1800

3G capabilities

UMTS 2100

4G capabilities

N/A

Hope this helps,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.