by EllieRedman
Visitor

Number porting issues

Please please help me. 

I put through my number for porting from three to EE last Wednesday. I received a text on Friday saying it was going through that day. Low and behold, it didn't. 

Chased it up, told to wait 24 hours. 

Monday came, told to wait another 24 hours. 

Rang again today (Wednesday), one week after the original request. EE told me that not all of the files had been sent correctly from three therefore there was issues. Been told to wait AGAIN. I have since contacted three and they're saying that they've had no contact from EE regarding my account and that the porting was successful and closed on their end. 

I can ring out on my new sim/old number but cannot receive calls or texts. I've been uncontactable for two days (since my old SIM card went offline), and fed up of being told to wait when clearly nothing is happening. 

Any previous experience/advice would be much appreciated! Losing the will to live. Wishing I didn't bother changing my provider. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Number porting issues

Hi @EllieRedman,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear there has been a delay with your number transfer.

If we haven't received all of the necessary information from Three, our porting team will complete the transfer as soon as they get back to us with the missing data.

You don't need to take any action yourself, we'll send you a text message as soon as your number transfer has completed.

Thanks

James

2 REPLIES 2
by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

Have you turned you phone off and on again? I ported mine about 3 weeks ago from Vodafone and it all went through perfect, but once I got the text I rebooted the handset and all worked OK.. 

May not be your issue but may help 🙂

Stuart

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @EllieRedman,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear there has been a delay with your number transfer.

If we haven't received all of the necessary information from Three, our porting team will complete the transfer as soon as they get back to us with the missing data.

You don't need to take any action yourself, we'll send you a text message as soon as your number transfer has completed.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions