by NateDrake Investigator
Investigator

Number Transfer - new phone from mobiles.co.uk

I've read around a bit and gotten mixed responses. Basically I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 a long time ago on an EE 4G contract from phones4U. Contract expired almost a year ago but I continued to pay it.

Looking to upgrade to a Galaxy S7 and found a great deal through Uswitch (mobiles.co.uk).  The deal is still on EE but will I keep my number?

One user of that site complained that she was told by mobiles.co.uk her number would automatically be transferred and that was not the case.  EE say mobiles.co.uk do not have the power to do this. Just looking for some clarification as I would like to order the phone soon.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Number Transfer - new phone from mobiles.co.uk

@NateDrake  If your upgrading you will keep your number as it's an upgrade on your account. If you take out a new contract you will loose your number unless you move it to a different network on payg then move it back to your new account. 

Investigator

Ugh what a hassle, is there no way EE can simply move the number over to the new sim directly? Even through my EE account or something?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NateDrake  No that's not possible sorry.  Only with an upgrade do you keep your number as it's the same account.  

Investigator

Thanks for the clarification. It's not worth the money to upgrade as the monthy costs are ~£20-£30 more directly from EE than on other sites. I will just transfer my number to another network then back again.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions