by Inscripia Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nokia 3310e and Nokia 2610

I want my Orange Nokia 3310e and Orange Nokia 2610 mobile phones unlocked.

After many tries, neither helpline nor websites have worked. Helpline told me that EE do not have the necessary information.

Both the Nokia Mobile Care and EE websites/systems/robots have so far failed to recognise either the phone numbers or the IMEI numbers or both.

Please help me get my two phones unlocked!

34 REPLIES 34
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nokia 3310e and Nokia 2610

@Inscripia  you'll probably get better results from eBay look HERE

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy these devices yourself new direct from EE or are they 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @Inscripia,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Did you see @XRaySpeX question? 

Once we have this information we can point you in the right direction for the process you need to follow.

Alex

Valued Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@Inscripia  you'll probably get better results from eBay look HERE

Thank you Chris_B for your suggestion. It's an option I may explore later.

However I'm hopeful that someone in EE/Orange has the necessary know-how and can send me information to unlock these phones.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Inscripia,

We can look into why your IMEI numbers are not being recognised online or when you called customer service.

Can you confirm that you received both of these handsets on an pay monthly contract on Orange or EE and that it was registered in your name.

Alex

Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Did you buy these devices yourself new direct from EE or are they 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

Thank you @XRaySpeX. I bought both phones new but long before EE came on the scene.

They both have the Orange logo. Both phones work with the Orange SIM which I bought (yes, was forced to pay for!) from a local mobile shop during the last couple of years.

I still have the Nokia 3310e booklet where I wrote the IMEI number, original SIM card number, and original phone number. I transferred the phone number to the Nokia 2610 then again to another phone.

Valued Contributor

@Alex_S wrote:

Hi @Inscripia,

We can look into why your IMEI numbers are not being recognised online or when you called customer service.

Can you confirm that you received both of these handsets on an pay monthly contract on Orange or EE and that it was registered in your name.

Alex

Thank you @Alex_S. I'm fairly certain that I bought both phones with PAYG contracts, either from Carphone Warehouse or an Orange shop.

Amazingly, after much searching yesterday, I've discovered a Carphone Warehouse invoice for 'Orange Out Here' and 'Orange £50 Pre-Pay Voucher' together with Card Sales Voucher signed by me. I guess by the date this might've been the Nokia 3310e.

Not sure about registration but I bought them both and have owned them ever since.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Inscripia,

Thank you for getting back to me with the information.

You can get in touch today and our customer service team will complete the process over the phone with you. You wont be able to complete on online form for this request.

The team will be able to confirm where the phone was taken and if there will be a charge attached depending if the accounts are registered with you 🙂

Let me know how you get on once you have been in touch

Alex

Valued Contributor

@Alex_S wrote:

Hi @Inscripia,

Thank you for getting back to me with the information.

You can get in touch today and our customer service team will complete the process over the phone with you. You wont be able to complete on online form for this request.

The team will be able to confirm where the phone was taken and if there will be a charge attached depending if the accounts are registered with you 🙂

Let me know how you get on once you have been in touch

Alex

Thank you @Alex_S. However as mentioned in my original request the helpline (my word for 'customer service team over the phone', ie, 0800 956 6000) told me yesterday, after a very long call, that EE do not have the necessary information.

I was referred to Nokia Mobile Care online but no solution. In desperation I've come here hoping that the promise of excellent customer support will deliver!

You can appreciate that I'm reluctant to start phoning again unless I could speak with someone who has the necessary know-how and persistance to unlock my phones. Automated or scripted processes do not appear to have worked so far.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Inscripia,

I have sent you a private message to get further details from you

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you checked the devices' actual IMEIs by dialling *#06# ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Have you checked the devices' actual IMEIs by dialling *#06# ?

Thank you again @XRaySpeX. Yes.

See the message from @Alex_S who very helpfully asked EE to call me. I've since had an an email saying the necessary information has "been requested from the manufacturer".

Getting there, very slowly and painfully...

I've sent my general feedback to @Alex_S, privately. Briefly, a senior manager needs to improve the quality of information, etc about unlocking older phones like these on the EE website. The form-filling process has not been tested with older models/IMEIs. Customers who originally registered their mobiles with Orange, etc cannot be asked to pay £8.99 either.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Inscripia,

I'm glad you on well on your way to having this issue resolved 🙂

I will pass on the feedback you sent me over to ensure we have the most streamline process in place for our customers.

Alex

Valued Contributor

@Alex_S wrote:

Hi @Inscripia,

I'm glad you on well on your way to having this issue resolved 🙂

I will pass on the feedback you sent me over to ensure we have the most streamline process in place for our customers.

Alex

Thank you @Alex_S. Yes, a 'streamlined process' for resolving technical issues such as this easily would be welcomed by all customers I'm sure (and quite novel in my recent experiences of the problems created by telecommunications companies!).

Unsure whether I'm 'well on the way' or not but I'll let you know if I receive the necessary information to unlock my Nokia 3310e and Nokia 2610 phones, hopefully within 5 days I was told.

Valued Contributor

Partial success. Email received from EE yesterday and my Nokia 2610 is now unlocked. Thank you.

One down, one to go...

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @Inscripia

Let us know how you get on with your second phone 🙂

Leanne.

Valued Contributor

@Leanne_T wrote:

Great news @Inscripia

Let us know how you get on with your second phone 🙂

Leanne.

Will do @Leanne_T. I was told it could take up to 5 days. First phone unlocking was within 2 days.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Inscripia

Fingers crossed this is sorted soon for you too 🙂

Valued Contributor

This problem has not been fully resolved. Having been told over a week ago by EE (on the phone and by email) that both my phones would be unlocked, my Nokia 3310e is still locked. The promised "5 days" deadline has passed.

Nothing heard from EE since my Nokia 2610 was unlocked (see earlier post). A big loud silence.

What next please?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions