by Tarynder123

No service, is this related to phone unlocking?

Iphone 7 - I’m on a sim only contract which expires in November. Phone wasn’t purchased directly from EE so I followed the online (EE) instructions to unlock the phone (as I am gifting to my daughter when my iPhone 11 arrives) and now my phone has lost all service. Is this related? I cannot call EE as I have no landline and no other phones in the house. I did the unlock on Sunday but have not completed yet as I am not ready to restore the phone until my new iPhone arrives. 

2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Team

Re: No service, is this related to phone unlocking?

Hi @Tarynder123,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Having the phone unlocked will not have any impact on your service or SIM card.

Have you been able to try your SIM card in another phone? Or another SIM card in the iPhone 7?

When you ordered the iPhone 11, was that directly through EE to upgrade your number from a SIM only to a pay monthly account?

Alex 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No service, is this related to phone unlocking?

You cannot use the online unlocking form for phones not bought directly from EE.

To unlock a phone not bought directly from EE you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.