by sclark96 Investigator
Investigator

No confirmation email for Network Unlock Code

Hi,

I rang up EE and paid the £8.99 fee on the 28th October 2018. Whilst it has only been 72 hours, I was told that I would recieve an email confirming this purchase. I have still not recieved anything from EE but the money has been removed from the bank account.

Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: No confirmation email for Network Unlock Code

Good Afternoon @sclark96

Welcome to the community. 

What handset is this for?

If you have not heard anything within the time scale advised I would recommend giving the team a call to check the progress. 

Keep us updated on how you get on 🙂

Katie

by sclark96 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie,

It's for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I was told I'd be emailed the code but there wasn't exactly a strict time limit to it. I'll give them a call and see where I get

by

Perfect, 

Let me know how you get on @sclark96. Fingers crossed its not much longer 🙂

Katie

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@sclark96 when I requested an unlock code from EE for my S7 edge I didn't receive confirmation from EE but the handset had been unlocked already by Samsung, after I sent request.... Do you have a different network sim you can try in the handset to see if it has already been unlocked? 

by sclark96 Investigator
Investigator

Just rang them up and they said to wait a few more days and if it still isn't provided I should ring again.

Unfortunately Rogersdave77 it doesn't appear to have done that for me, I'll try again later tonight and see if the chasing up helped

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@sclark96 I am not 100% sure but I think the way it works is EE have to contact Samsung to get the handset unlocked,for handset security! ... Like I said I never received a code. Hopefully it won't take to long to get it unlocked 

by

Hi there @sclark96

Thanks for coming back to us.

It can take up to ten days to receive your unlock code ­– however sometimes it may take longer if we have to contact the manufacturer.

If you haven’t received your code within ten days and haven’t received a text saying we’re waiting for the codes from the manufacturer, please get in touch.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions