by FM123 Investigator
Investigator

New account. PAC code. Online account ported correct No. Handset given random!

Just started new business pay monthly account. Ported old O2 number correctly to the new EE acount. This is confirmed online. Handset has been given random number with no credit and unable to use it for texts/calls/wifi. How do i get the handset (SIM card) changed to same as account so i can use my allocation?

10 REPLIES 10
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: New account. PAC code. Online account ported correct No. Handset given rando

This should have chnaged when giving the PAC code to EE.

When you ring your original number does it not ring you?

When you say sim has been given a random number this is because a sim comes with a number assigned to it but the can be changed.

Are you seeing a different number within the setting > About Phone section?

If so this is retrified by asking EE for a network refresh.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by FM123 Investigator
Investigator

Re: New account. PAC code. Online account ported correct No. Handset given rando

Hi Brendon, thanks for the reply.

The original number was changed to the random number, rather than the one i wanted to be ported across. I can recieve texts on the random number. I checked the random number by sending a text "number" to 150 when my phone originally wouldn't work. This is the same number that now appears on my profile in the contacts list.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

OK you will need to contact EE to get this sorted.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @FM123

So I can try and assist, please may I know if you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

by FM123 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee

This issue relates to a new business account. I also happen to have a personal account with EE which is not affected by this.

by
EE Employee

Hi @FM123

I miss read your first post, my apologies.

Please do give our Business Team a quick call and they will be happy to look at this one for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by FM123 Investigator
Investigator

Ok, thanks for the reply Lee.

I am away from the UK on a business trip to Europe at the moment. I tried calling 150 for help on this matter but only got payment options...hence my appeal to the community. Is there another number i can ring for assistance bearing in mind the phone doesn't allow me to make 'normal' calls.

Thanks again

Mike

by
EE Employee

Hi @FM123

Dialing 150 should still connect, even with the temporary number.

Is the account acting as if it is a pay as you go, even though your on pay monthly?

"Handset has been given random number with no credit and unable to use it for texts/calls/wifi"

Do you have the personal contract phone with you?

Many thanks,

Lee

by FM123 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee.

Exactly. It should be an unlimited monthly contract phone but it thinks it is a pay-as-you-go with zero funds.

Yes the 150 number did work. just gave me 2 options. pay with visa or pay with voucher.

No unfortunately i dont have the personal contract phone with me.

Thanks

Mike

by
EE Employee

Hi @FM123

This definitely should not of happened.

You would have to give the business team a call using an alternative device.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions