Highlighted
by Fedup27 Investigator
Investigator

Network unlock code NUC

I'm still waiting for a NUC for my mum's Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. The message via email states that you'll send a SMS or email with code and instructions. If you send the SMS she won't get it as the phone is locked!. Can you check where we are with the unlock code and if it's been sent yet? My mum really needs her phone unlocked now and this is not acceptable. I still don't know why this wasn't offered when we cancelled the contract with EE. To make it more difficult for us to leave??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Network unlock code NUC

Good Morning @Fedup27

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you been able to follow the advice provided by @Northerner?

How was the unlock processed was this online or over the phone?

Katie 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

This user discussion forum can have no access to her specific account. You need to query this with CS.

Why can't she receive an SMS from EE whether the phone is locked to EE or not?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Fedup27 Investigator
Investigator

The sim is not EE, so no phone calls or texts can be received until network is unlocked for new SIM/network.

I appreciate the community may not know her details, but hoping someone may know if you get the codes via email also? And sometimes it appears by reading other posts EE do try and assist. I'm having a nightmare actually talking to EE CS, which I've tried a few times now, so any glimmer of assistance would be welcomed. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Fedup27 

Can you not put the SIM into a compatible phone and retrieve the text? Why did you give a number you know you couldn't view any text? You should have just used an EE PAYG SIM.

It can also take up to 10 days, so when did you request the unlock?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
Solution

Good Morning @Fedup27

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you been able to follow the advice provided by @Northerner?

How was the unlock processed was this online or over the phone?

Katie 🙂

by Fedup27 Investigator
Investigator

To be honest although I felt some of the replies were a little condescending and unhelpful, one suggestion to get access to an unlocked phone did prompt me to ask a colleague at work to help and he managed to get me a spare unlocked phone so I could get the unlock code.

I didn't expect to be made to feel stupid or inadequate and I didn't find most of what was said very helpful.

Sorted outside of this forum.

by

Hi there @Fedup27.

I am sorry to hear you feel that way. 

Here on the community we don't have account access so the replies given were advise on how you go get the answer. 

However, I am happy to see you have been able to get the unlock code. Is everything working as it should be?

Katie

by Fedup27 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, everything appears to be working as it should be.

If you read back over of the questions posed, they come across as very condescending.

Unlocking phones is something I am unfamiliar with and was doing it on behalf of my mum.

I did not know I had to give a number that I could receive a text on - I assumed when I spoke with CS that they would have advised me of such things...

Anyway, nice IT man at work helped me out and didn't talk to me as if I was stupid.

Plus, not everyone has a mountain of unlocked phones lying around. If that had been the case I wouldn't have had to get an unlock code for the one in question.

Many Thanks 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.