by vickijones123 Investigator
Investigator

Network locked sim card inserted

i have a unlokced phone and i put my EE sim card in it now it says NETWORK LOCKED SIM INSTERTED and i have to enter a code, but i cant ring ee because its locked the phone? HELP!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Network locked sim card inserted

Hello @vickijones123 sorry to hear you are having problems with your phone/SIM lock. What phone do you have? Are you able to either try the SIM in another phone or another SIM in the phone to check they work?

You should still be able to contact customer service on 150 from any EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other or if you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

Investigator

Re: EE Live Chat: ways to chat online

Its a samsung s6 it was working yesterday in my iphone ^ plus but not today for this phone? but it has beenin this phone before, i have no use of a phone now as i cant call to ring 150 and for some reason it wont let me live chat??? it keeps saying network locked sim card inserted?

Investigator

when i click the live chat button it just sends me to log in, and when i log in it wont let me live chat? my phone was working yesterday in an iphone 6 plus and now today in a samsung s6 its not working? i cant ring either number off my phone because its blocked me from calling 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: EE Live Chat: ways to chat online

Hello @vickijones123 can you try another EE SIM in it? Maybe borrow a partners/friends/family members if you do not have another one to confirm if the device will accept any SIM at all. 

What error do you get when trying to access Live Chat? Does the chat now link work just under the EE tab after expanding it (click/tap it)? 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @vickijones123 you do not need to log in to your MYEE account to use the chat now option on the get in touch page, what browser are you using? There is no account access allowed on here to query unlocking status of devices through here. It would have to go through either Live Chat or customer service on 07953 966 250 from any other phone if you are unable to get hold of another EE phone/SIM. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @vickijones123,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

If you see that message when inserting your EE SIM card it would indicate that the phone is locked to another network.

Where did you purchase the phone?

- James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.