by Suzie60 Investigator
Investigator

Need puk no. For old orange phone

Hi. My dad's 85 and got dementia..he's locked his phone and i can't see on line how to get a puk no. I see orange is now EE and on line i can't get to speak to a person - from a phone co. - IRONIC!  His mobile number isn't recognised (payg) on line or when entering it on the filter when I call.anyone got any clue or am I going to have to buy him a new one and lose the credit he has??

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Need puk no. For old orange phone

You can see the PUK in his MyEE under Manage Device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Suzie60.

Welcome to the community.

Do you know when the last time the phone was used was (roughly)?

Our customer service team should be able to help.

You can find the Orange contact details on our get in touch help and support page.

If it isn't recognising the number, please try pressing the # or * key, that sometimes skips the IVR questions.

Please let me know if you're able to get through.

Chris

by Suzie60 Investigator
Investigator

Hi..thanks for trying to help but he's not registered with EE...

Finally got through to a guy who tried to help but mobile number is not registered with them or Orange???

So all a bit hopeless by the looks.

Thanks again.

by Suzie60 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Christopher.  The # key helped me to get through to someone- thanks! But hopeless as they're saying the number is not known to them.. even though I remember helping him to top up a few months ago.

Thanks anyway.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did he last use it? EE PAYG SIMs are completely lost after 9 months of non-use. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Suzie60 Investigator
Investigator

Ahhh- that's interesting - they didn't mention that. Pretty sure though he's used it few months back..i've got a new phone and lost my message history on changeover so can't check.  Thanks for tips...i'll take him to a shop and see what I can do.😊

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's only deactivated after 6 months of non-use. If it's been unused less than 9 months but more than 6 months, you can call CS to reactivate it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.