by vickywilson77 Investigator
Investigator

My uncle has passed away and we dont know his password. We need his contacts

My uncle has just passed away.  We dont know his password but need his contacts to let them know about his death.  His phone is a samsung s8 I need help to unlock it

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My uncle has passed away and we dont know his password. We need his contacts

Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Do you mean unlock it to get into it or to use it on other networks? Which pwd do you mean?

EE won't know his phone's pwd or his contacts.

If the phone was on contract, will you want to get EE to cancel it? In which case, you will need to contact them & ask for the Complex Team.

It is possible to unlock the phone yourself for use on other networks, as a 2nd-hand phone at a cost of £9.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: My uncle has passed away and we dont know his password. We need his contacts

Yes unlock it to get into his phone as we don't know his 4 digit password

Investigator

He bought the phone out right when he got it

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @vickywilson77.

I am sorry to hear the loss of your uncle, I understand this is a difficult time. 

In regards to the unlocking code to access personal data such as contacts this is not information we will hold. 

Any other questions please do not hesitate to come back to us, 

Katie

Investigator

Is there anyway we can get into his phone without losing anything 

by
EE Community Support Team

If you do not know the passcode, there is no way to gain access to the handset data @vickywilson77.

Katie

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@vickywilson77 Do you know his google account login/password? The contacts may be synced to Google? 

https://contacts.google.com/

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Or he may have backed it up to his Samsung a/c but again you'll need a pwd.

It might be possible to transfer his personal files to a PC over USB by using Samsung Smart Switch to transfer them. I dunno how that works with a phone PIN protected.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.