by lewis543979 Investigator
Investigator

My phone has blocked all sim cards

So a while ago I put a different sim card into my phone to see if it works, but it didn't and when I tried to put my EE one back in and it locked it asking for a code or something so we rang up ee and they gave us multiple codes and none worked so I am really confused why it isn't working. Please help

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: My phone has blocked all sim cards

Hello @lewis543979 sorry to hear you are having problems with your phone locking. Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check any details or query this further through here. 

Unless you you bought a brand new device such as an iPhone from a third party retailer and inserted the SIM for the first time the phone should not be locking/unlocking to any network. 

What phone do you have? I can give you general advice but this would eventually have to be fixed through customer service. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It must be a SIM-free phone that locked to the 1st SIM inserted. It has locked to the network of this different SIM you put in. You'll have to get that network, not EE, to unlock it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

When it asks you to insert a code does it say unlock code or uncaring code?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

It wants a network unlock puk code, I bought my phone (Samsunug Galaxy J3) From a EE Shop in meadowhall and got the EE sim with it too

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @lewis543979 the PUK code is used to unblock your EE SIM card when you have entered the PIN code wrong three times. You can find your PUK code by logging in to MYEE online and navigating to MYEE>manage device>show PUK code. 🙂

Investigator

I have found and entered the puk code when it asks for it and it says "Network Unlock Request Unsucessful" So idk what to do

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @lewis543979 it sounds like you need a NUC (network unlocking code) not a PUK (personal unblocking (K)code) code. 

The only way way to get this is to call customer service, due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to retrieve it through here I am sorry. The numbers to call are 150 from an EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other or use the link I posted above to access Live Chat. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.