by Lisa6297
Visitor

Moved from monthly sim only to paygo but can't access as states 'account closed'

Before heading off to travel long term, contacted EE to see best option for my iphone.  I was recommended to come off the monthly sim only deal to paygo - which I did.

This was primarily to keep my long loved mobile number and I knew that as long as I topped up now and again my mobile number would remain registered to me. 

I've now found that the new paygo has locked my iphone to EE and I need to unlock in order to use local sims in India.

However, everytime I log into EE it just keeps saying 'account cancelled'.  I still have my EE paygo sim in my phone and it's very very annoying as can't get anywhere with trying to unlock or to see how much funds are still on mobile!

Tearing my hair out now!

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Moved from monthly sim only to paygo but can't access as states 'account clo

Hello @Lisa6297 please see this link for information on unlocking a device through EE:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-your-device/Unlocking-your-EE-mobile-phone-or-device/td-p/59...

For your MY EE issue try logging in from another device or browser if you can. If that still does not work customer service can check your account for any errors:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Moved from monthly sim only to paygo but can't access as states 'account clo

Moving from contract to PAYG doesn't lock your phone. It was already locked to EE when you 1st got it, as is the policy with all EE devices. You will need to get it unlocked to use an Indian SIM in it.

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form and giving the mobile number that it had when you purchased it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lisa6297

Welcome to the community.

Did you manage to request the phone to be unlocked following the advice above?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.