by ninguemxd98 Investigator
Investigator

Locked Pixel 2 from abroad

Hey, guys. So, I'm from Brazil and this guy is selling me a Pixel 2 for a great deal. Problem is: the phone is carrier locked. I don't have the phone in hands yet, but I would like to check if the device can be unlocked from here. I heard I would need a PAYG SIM, but I don't have one in hand and there's no way I can get one. If that doens't work, is it possible for a relative (that is currently residing in the UK) to unlock it for me by simply visiting an EE store and giving them the IMEI of the phone, plus paying the 8,99 required?

Also, the guy selling me the phone has bought it from someone else, presumably the original owner. If that person has not paid the contract bills, would it be possible to still unlock the phone?

Thanks for the attention and have a great day.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Locked Pixel 2 from abroad

@ninguemxd98   To pay the unlock fee it has to be paid via a UK debt or credit card and if you have a relative in the UK they can do it, they just need the device IMEI number and they will need to call customer services to request this. 

You don’t need a PAYG sim any more as that was how it used to be and it’s not anymore. 

If the contract hasn’t been paid then the device will not be unlocked. 

if it’s such a good deal then it’s probably best not to purchase it. 

Investigator

Hey, thanks for the fast response.

Yup, my main concern is that the original owner hasn't paid the contract bills. The seller has given me the IMEI to contact the carrier so I can make sure that's not the case. Is there a way I can contact EE staff or do I need to visit a local store?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ninguemxd98 

So, I'm from Brazil and this guy is selling me a Pixel 2 for a great deal

Your going to get scammed. Don't buy it. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hey, thanks for the response as well. I appreciate the concern and will proceed carefully. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.