by chloe241 Investigator
Investigator

Issues unlocking iPhone 6

I requested to have my iPhone 6 unlocked on the 9th July as I have moved to Sinagapore. I recieved 2 texts with steps on how to unlock my phone which i completed when i moved out here - insert a new sim card. This did not work so i did a factory reset... again this did not work. I keep receiving the message 'this sim card is not supported, please contact your carrier etc...' I have contacted EE who have told me the phone is unlocked and to connect it to iTunes however when i connect it to iTunes the same message appears on the computer screen. I am having a nightmare as I am now in Sinagpore without a working phone and its 7th August....a month since the request took place! I am here for a year studying and as you can imagine... I need a working phone ASAP. ANy advice...anyone?!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Issues unlocking iPhone 6

@chloe241  You need to use a SIM card from a network that sells the iPhone.  If the network that the sim card is on doesn’t sell the iPhone then Apples servers will not recognise the SIM card to process the unlock on the device. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chloe241

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you able to try @Chris_B's suggestion? It seems like the device has been unlocked from our side.

Fingers crossed that works for you.

Chris 🙂

by chloe241 Investigator
Investigator

Hiya,

Thank you for your response. 

I am am trying to use a SIM card from StarHub which is one of three providers in Singapore. They sell iPhones and all my friends have been able to use the Sim in their UK iPhones. I have no idea why it's just my phone that won't work! 

by

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly, @chloe241

The steps on the Apple website advise inserting the SIM from the new network (StarHub) and re-setting up your iPhone.

Could you give that a try please? It may be worth backing up all of your information first.

Chris 🙂

by chloe241 Investigator
Investigator

I have tried! I have restored my phone to factory settings 6 times! 

The problem is, when I put the new SIM card in and the 'not supported' message comes up on my phone, it also comes up on iTunes and locks my iTunes from doing anything to the phone.

You have no idea how stressed I am about this! I have YouTubed, emailed, googled and it seems EE has absolutely no answer. I've paid £8.99 for nothing. I am in Asia, alone, for a year, without a phone, thank you so much EE.

by

Thanks @chloe241

I've send you a private message requesting some more info regarding this.

I will do my best to help further.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions