by Bells1 Investigator
Investigator

Im living in Nepal

Hey I'm living in Nepal and due and upgrade what are my options to keep my phone number, and not stay in a contract 

Helen 

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Im living in Nepal

If you don't want another contract but want to keep your mobile number then you don't need to do anything, as your existing plan will carry on running on a month by month basis until you either upgrade it or cancel it.

Either that or switch to a 30 day SIM only plan.

by Bells1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Can i do the sim only if I'm not in the UK?

Also I have an old iPhone5 I would like to get unlocked is that easy?

Thanks for you advice

Helen
by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE won't send a SIM overseas. You'll need to get it sent to a friend or relative & get it sent on from there.

If the iPhone5 had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bells1,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Just to add to the answers you have already been given, you won't need a new SIM if you switch to a SIM only plan.

Hope this helps.

James

by Bells1 Investigator
Investigator

@James_B

Great, so I can do my upgrade online, and my my contract will change to SIM
only?

Just to ask do you think this is the best way to keep my number for return
to U.K.?

@Bells1
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bells1,

That shouldn't be a problem.

When you log in to your account to upgrade, you should see a pop up asking if you would like to chat with our upgrades team.

They'll be more than happy to take you through your options.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.