by leannemay18
Explorer

If it costs £8.99 to unlock a phone why have I been charged over £27

My husband has upgraded to an Iphone 5s, but I will be using the phone with a 3 sim because he prefers to keep his old phone.

I have requested the phone to be unlocked and have been charged over £27, even though the website suggests it should only cost £8.99?

7 REPLIES 7
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: If it costs £8.99 to unlock a phone why have I been charged over £27

Hello @leannemay18 due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check your bill or query any charges through here. Please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can look in to this for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also access Live Chat using one of the ways mentioned in this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/m-p/527811

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @leannemay18,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

How did you request your unlock?

Thanks

James

by leannemay18
Explorer

Hi James,

Via a form on the EE website.

Thanks,

Leanne

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@leannemay18  You say your  husband has just upgraded to an iPhone 5s and you'll be using this device with your 3 sim and you want it unlocked to use the 3 SIM card. Sorry to say but this will not be unlocked for 6 months as EE willl not unlock a contract device for 6 months starting from the purchase date.     So EE will not bill you as EE will not unlock it until the 6 months have passed. 

by leannemay18
Explorer

But the payment has been taken! And I wasn't told this when we spoke to customer service yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @leannemay18 you would need to contact customer service or Live Chat as mentioned above - there is no access to accounts to query why this has happened through here. Hopefully they can get this sorted for you soon. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @leannemay18,

Please do get in touch with us and the team will be able to check the account for you.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.